Saturday, April 24, 2010

Break from Design

I've decided to create a small game while I'm still designing my other game.

The multiplayer platforming shooter art is still in the works but for a game like that would probably take a better programmer than me. But all of the art is still in design a lot of it already finished. Instead of drawing each animation frame by hand I'm going to be using ToonBoom Studio 5 to import my art and create cutouts for them so I can animate them piece by piece instead of drawing something different for each frame. You cant export an animation from toonboom directly to xna but what you can do is create all of the animation frames with cutout and rigging and then I can save each frame of say, a cutout running animation and then merge all of the frames for an animation into a spritesheet ready for a game. Using this technique will save me a load of time and will enable me to create a lot more animations then a first intended to. Before I try to even ask for a programmers help on this game I want to have all of the art assets totally complete. This will show the programmer that hey all the art is done I just need to do all of the programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment